Monday, May 4, 2009

Microsoft Writer Makes it Easy to Post to Your Blog

I’m picky. It takes a lot for me to say “wow” but when it comes to Microsoft Writer I have to 004_09 say it. Wow!! I downloaded this free program a few months ago and now would not want to live without it. This software makes it easy to post to your Blog. Supports all of these platforms, Live, Wordpress, Blogger, Typepad and more. I am using it to post to my Blogger Blogs. I set both of them up within the software’s interface and can select which one I’d like to post to when ready to upload.

The look of Writer is similar to Word you have a toolbar across the top where you can bold, underline, italic, center, right justify and more. You can even insert pictures and change their size and alignment. You can even crop and tilt pictures.

One of my favorite parts is the plug ins for Twitter, Digg and Flickr. When I click on “publish” to send my post up I also get asked if I want the post sent to my Twitter account. It’s like killing two birds with one stone, no pun intended.

You can also download a Digg plug that automatically adds a DiggThis badge to your blog post after you publish it. And a Flickr plug in that allows you to post your photos to Flickr. It’s all neat and clean in one little package. There are also built in tabs so you can “preview” what your post will like like before uploading and a “source” tab if you need to tweak the code. Check your spelling and perform a word count with one click.

All in all if you publish a blog or multiple blogs, you need this software. Trust me here, it won’t cost you a dime and you’re just going to love it. Download it here: http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/

P.S. Another one you might want to check out is http://www.blogdesk.org/en/index.htm

blog comments powered by Disqus